Thursday, April 24, 2014

More Quandries!

Oh dear!  Oh dear!  What to do?  What to do?

Checking over the yard sale listings for the weekend has left me in a super-duper quandry.

Three of my favorite sales are taking place on Saturday!  All of them have yielded super duper finds in the past.  They're all located on opposite ends of town.  And they all start at the same time!

First, you've got the senior center sale, which is basically one huge room filled to the brim with stuff at unbelievable prices.  I always end up making two-three trips through the place.  Previous awesome finds have included a box of cast iron mini salesman samples of bath tubs and a truckload of furniture.

At the same time, you've also got the huge church sale, which is inside and outside all over wonderment.  Past finds have included marvelously over-stuffed boxes from the "five buck box" deal at the end and all kinds of vintage goodies.

Finally, you have the benefit sale for the VA hospital put on by a social group.  It's smaller in scale, but the stuff is no less awesome.  Previous finds have included a carload of Christmas blow molds, a box full of Pyrex, and a super-nice vintage drink cart.

I'm not so much worried about missing finds at one sale while I'm shopping the others.  As far as I'm concerned, that way lies madness.  There will always be more stuff out there.  If I miss something, I miss something.  Tomorrow is another day and all that stuff.

No, my dilemma is a little different.  I want to get the most bang for my buck.  On their own, any of these sales would be the starting sale for the day.  The opportunity would be too great to miss.  When they're all on the same day, I don't know what to do!

Which one should I hit first?

If only every Saturday could be like this!

3 comments:

Deana said...

WOW.That post makes me want to move just for the sales lol. How fun.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Too much great stuff and so little time. Can you pick the biggest (and best from your experience) and then whip around to the others? Have a great time no matter what you end up deciding.
Joy

Lorraine said...

Tis the season for those church sales and fund raisers. The best stuff is at those sales and you can't beat the prices.